Druid Staff

I made this prop for a fantasy photoshoot I was working on in Las Vegas. I was looking for a material that I could shape and sculpt to create a wood-like branch for the staff and that would be durable. I suppose I could have use wood though I have little experience with it and lack the tools to really shape something like I wanted in the time frame I needed it in.

The whole project from start to finish took 6 days. So in the interest of speed I chose PVC, though I did regret that afterwords for totally different reasons. But I was able to meet the deadline I was under which was the important part.

If you would like to see some progress images you can click the link below to view my progress shots.

Read more

See the Druid Staff progress blog here.